All Members, Winter Residents, Family and Friends,
Greetings on this Saturday afternoon. "I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth" (Psalm 121:1–2). Our lives are certainly experiencing events over which we have no control. But one thing you do have control over is your faith! Faith in the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. We may be tossed around and we may find ourselves a little beaten up, but in Christ we are more than conquers. So Onward Christians Soldiers, move forward in faith because we will win in the end. Do not let fear dictate your response to this crisis. Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
If you are compromised, not in good health, have underlying conditions PLEASE STAY HOME. No pressure is being applied to anyone to come to church.
- Susan and I have done a great deal of reading over the past 24 to 48 hours. We have watched videos and listened to the experts. Several of us met this morning with a young man from Arcadia who instructed us how to do “live streaming.” Kayla Selander and Fred Foland believe we will be able to do it. Susan has modified our bulletin to streamline it and bring it into what we feel is compliance with Copyright laws, etc. So there is a new copy of the bulletin attached to this email.
- The plan is to “live stream” our time together on Sunday morning to “Facebook Live”. It will be broadcast at 10:00 AM Sunday 3/22/2020 on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/trinitylutheranlp Please share this information with family and friends if you so choose.
Now you can have a “watch party” I will try to send out information on this tomorrow afternoon. We should be able to archive this and put a link on our webpage https://www.trinitylpfl.com/ to connect to the Facebook page. We will gather tomorrow morning for a modified Worship Service.
- Plans are to open Trinity Tots Preschool Monday morning. The state officials are for the time being encouraging Early Childhood Centers to stay open to help parents who are still working. We have many children from parents who are teachers in our public schools and they are to report to work Monday morning.
- We have had several inquiries concerning making donations “online”. Our Treasurer Pam Bradshaw is working on this. However we have run into a glitch because we have to apply to Facebook to be recognized as a “Not for profit” 501 3C organization. This may take up to three weeks to get approved but we are moving forward. We probably should have done this years ago, but we didn’t know. So we are taking care of that now. In the mean time the United States Postal Service is still operating. You can mail you weekly, monthly financial support if you cannot make it to church. Some have simply dropped by the office and left their offerings. Thank you so very much.
- It is my intent to collaborate with the President, Chair of the Elders and Treasurer to send a written letter to each family this week explaining what is going on here at Trinity and what we hope to do in the coming weeks. I hope to see this in your mailboxes by Thursday.
- We encourage all of you to exercise common sense. Practice Social Distancing, do not put yourself into situations that you do not feel comfortable and listen to the CDC. Try not to listen to “all” the many reports floating around out there. Be careful of social media stories that are just not true. Stay positive, reach out to your neighbors, call them, write a note to them just check on them if you can. Let others know that you are OK. Just don’t sit there. The phone still works, power is on and things are moving forward. Read you Bible! Take time to clean out your junk draw. I am going home today to work on my “Junk Basket” I have. Find something to do that is productive.
God Bless you all! Pray for our officials, law enforcement officers, ems, fire, nurses, doctors, dentists and yes your family, friends, and pastors you know! Thank
Rev. Richard A. Norris, Pastor
Trinity Lutheran Church
25 Lakeview Street
Lake Placid, Florida 33852